In Art, man reveals himself and not his objects – Rabindranath TagoreArts at
Tapti Valley International Schoolconsist of Visual and
Fine Arts, Dance, Drama and Music. Arts are an integral part of Tapti Valley Education. Innovations, original & new ideas, creativity are the corner stone of our Arts philosophy.
Music and Dance: All students from LKG to grade 5 go through foundations and basics of
Music and Dance. From grade 6 on wards students have to opt for either Music or Dance.
Dance: School offers training for both Western and Classical Dances, which include Hip-hop, Salsa, Contemporary, Bharat Natyam etc.
Music: We offer vocals, tabla, synthesizer, harmonium and tanpura training.
Visharad: We also offer an optional training in Bharat Natyam, Vocals, Tabla. The School has also applied to be centre for Visharad examination.
Visual and Fine Arts: Training in these areas start from class 4 onwards and it is compulsory for the students to opt for any one of the following: Pencil/Crayon Sketching, Calligraphy, Painting using water/acrylic colors, Puppet making, 3D modeling, Collage and Paper Mache, Canvas and Wall painting. Some students even opt for more than one of the above.
7 reasons why arts are important www.dosomething.org:
- They are languages that all people speak that cut across racial, cultural, social, educational, and economic barriers and enhance cultural appreciation and awareness.
- They provide opportunities for self-expression, bringing the inner world into the outer world of concrete reality.
- They develop both independence and collaboration.
- They make it possible to use personal strengths in meaningful ways and to bridge into understanding sometimes difficult abstractions through these strengths.
- They improve academic achievement — enhancing test scores, attitudes, social skills, critical and creative thinking.
- They exercise and develop higher order thinking skills including analysis, synthesis, evaluation, and “problem-finding.”
- They provide the means for every student to learn.