Tapti Valley International Schoolare expected to follow the
schoolcode of conduct &
safety policiesas under:
Advice On Etiquette
- All members of
Tapti Valley International Schoolcommunity are required to be respectful and courteous.
- Behave always in a manner, which shows respect for others and for
Studentsmust greet visitors respectfully and assist them.
- Respect the authority of the
teachers, all other
schoolstaff and prefects. This means that you will accept and carry out instructions and request immediately and without answering back. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you may question an instruction or request after obeying it in a quiet and private manner
Studentsare expected to obey the instructions of staff members.
- Move in the
schoolquietly and in order, keeping to the left.
- Find ways and strive to improve yourself in every aspect of your
acdemics, activities, discipline, relationships, health and fitness.
- Ask / request for things politely rather than being forceful.
- Speak in English as far as possible. It is desired to speak in English as a practice to perfection.
studentsand support them in all that they do by encouraging each
studentto contribute whatever they can for the
- Always speak in a polite and courteous manner
- Physical or verbal bullying will be severely dealt with.
Punctuality And Involvement
- Coming late to class / activity will be dealt by the concerned
teacherwith a note to the class
- Participate and actively involve yourself in all events, activities and opportunities within the
school, always aiming to do your best and to improve your performance but to act in a way, which also supports and praises others.
- Take every available opportunity to show leadership by acting as a role model to others and positively fulfilling the aims of this Code of Conduct.
Studentsmust attend the
schoolafter breaks/vacations precisely as per the dates mentioned in the
Short Break And Meal Hours
Studentsare expected to report punctually at the refreshment point / dining hall.
safetyreasons students must queue in an orderly manner
- Food must be consumed only at the dining hall.
- Litter must be placed in the bins provided. Littering on
schoolcampus is strictly prohibited. Students committing such acts will be penalized.
- Follow the table manners and behave well in the dining hall.
- Students must attend all meals and refreshments unless permission has been granted otherwise by the class teacher.
- All meals served will be vegetarian.
Uniform And Dress Code
- Students shall be neatly dressed in uniform on working days during
School uniform/ house uniform must be worn with the school belt and school shoes.
- The shirt must be neatly tucked in.
- For girls, the skirt length must not be higher than 2 Inches from the centre of the knee cap.
- Shorts / trousers/ skirts should not be worn more than 1 inch below the navel line.
- Summer / Winter / Sports uniform must be worn according to the instructions given. Seasonal uniform must be worn completely. Students may not mix items of summer/ winter/ sports uniform.
- On special occasions, outings or when attending Inter-school events, students are expected to wear their complete uniform including blazers in the winter season.
- Hair should be well groomed. Hair style should not be weird. Dyeing and colouring of hair is not permitted.
- Girls with shoulder-length hair or longer must have it plaited, tied back and secured with a clasp.
- Plain black coloured Hair Band must be used.
- Boys’ hair must be trimmed at the nape of the neck and should sit above the collar. Long hair and sideburns are not permitted.
- Both boys and girls (grade VI onwards) may wear a basic wristwatch with black band but other accessories are prohibited. Fashionable wrist watches are not permitted.
- Piercing of the ears for boys is not permitted.
- Tattoos and coloured nail varnish is not to be used by girls in school uniform. Boys may not varnish their nails at any time.
- Besides school bag, use paper / jute / cloth bag to carry extra essentials. Plastic bags are not permitted.
- The application of Heena mehndi should be limited to only certain special occasions.
- Prior permission is to be sought for application of Heena mehndi on plams for any personal event /ceremony.
- Girls need to be careful that the pattern doesn’t extend beyond their wrists.
- Application of Kajal/Surma is restricted in School.
- Casual clothing must be neat and decent.
- Clothes with any kind of indecent graffiti, offensive display or revealing patterns are not permitted (e.g. spaghetti strap vests).
- Trousers, pants, shorts and skirts must be fitted at the waist. Low waist trousers should not be worn.
- When not in uniform, variation in hairstyle is permissible within limits.
- It is within the remit of academic staff to check the appropriateness of the clothing.
- Identity Card is an indispensable part of school uniform.
- Identity Cards will be issued to every student, i.e. one Student Identity Card and one Parent Identity Card for student and parent respectively.
- It is mandatory for every student to wear the Identity Card when he / she is in the school and till they reach home.
- Any student leaving the campus during
school hourswill only be allowed to go out with his parent/guardian having Parent Identity Card (given by the school).
- Students and parents are requested to take care of their Identity Cards as these are an important part of the
School‘s security system. Loss of a card must be reported in writing immediately to the Admin office and Class
TeacherA new card will be issued and charged for. We hope that this will rarely happen.
studentswill not be allowed to leave with any person not registered in
- The child will be only allowed to return with the person carrying parent’s ID card or Alternatively an application written by the parent with the photo attached of the person with whom they wish their child to be sent home
- As children grow and mature, they desire more independence and responsibility, we can effectively discipline them by teaching the consequences of their actions and behaviour.
Studentsmust respond positively to criticism and advice and follow it for self improvement.
- Being responsible for your own litter, place it in the bins provided in class and around the
school. Walk in a queue at a sensible pace around the
schooland do not run in corridors or use these areas for any form of play and mischief.
- The use of verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated whether it is directed at
studentsor support staff.
- Act with self-discipline and independence so that you need not always be told.
- Be on time for all lessons.
Studentwishing to ask a question must raise his / her hand and wait to be asked to speak by the
Studentmay leave a lesson only with the permission of the
Studentmust not eat or drink during lessons.
Studentsmust send a member of their class to the Coordinator if a
teacherhas not arrived five minutes after the bell has rung for the start of the lesson.
Classroomactivities are central to the process of education at
Tapti Valley International School.
- Deliberately missing lessons is to be handled by the subject
- The second time this occurs the student will lose participation in school activities / field trips and the parent will be informed in advance by the
- Regular absentees will be reported to parents. The Coordinators warning letter will be placed in the student’s personal file on the recommendation of the Class Teacher and Head of the School.
- Students must not copy from another If they do, they will be asked to repeat the work in an academic detention.
Studentsfound cheating in tests or assessments will be strictly reprimanded and asked to repeat the test or assessment.
- All work should be presented neatly and with legible handwriting.
Studentsmust return to
schoolon the dates and time given in the
- On the day of CTP / CTM, the child will not be allowed to go early unless there is some Medical reason approved by medical officer of the
school. The child will have to attend the entire day
Learning Resource Centre / LibraryThe
Tapti Valley International SchoolLRC is comprehensively equipped with reference facilities and it acts as a link between the students and the resources. It remains open on all
Libraryrules are to be strictly followed at all times.
- Silence should be maintained.
- Books should be returned on time and in good condition.
- All clothing and personal possessions must be labelled with the student’s allotted Admission Number.
Valuables including pen, calculator and
schoolbags must be put in lockers and not be left unattended either in the classroom or elsewhere.
- Prohibited articles must not be brought to
school. Possession of any of these items could invite sanctions and for more serious offences, it could lead to suspension or even expulsion from the
Schoolcannot take responsibility for the items left unattended.
Studentsare not expected to bring expensive electronic items to
schoolcannot guarantee their safety.
schooldoes not permit students to have personal mobile phones.
Articles Prohibited At
- Chewing gum is strictly prohibited in the campus.
- Unnecessary valuable items like, Jewellery, mobile phones, other accessories etc.
- Crackers, Holi colors
- Toy / replica of gun or any game of destructive nature
- Medicine other than prescribed by a doctor
- Any other objectionable material
transportationof students is quick and convenient due to a fleet of comfortable buses with a well planned routing from the probable pick up points. The
GPS based School Bus tracking and control system for safety of its students and information to parents.
Are you looking for?
- Discipline must be maintained in the bus at all times.
- Students must accept the authority of the driver and the conductor besides other staff members in the bus.
- Stand in a queue to get into the bus and do not push other students.
- Occupy only the seat allotted and follow segregation rules in the bus.
- Allow junior students to be seated first.
- Be seated and do not walk around in the moving bus.
- Do not throw or litter things in or out of the bus.
- Any damage caused to the interiors of the bus the student will accountable to for.
- Speak softly as shouting may distract the driver.
- Be present at the bus stop five minute prior to pickup and drop time.
- It is mandatory to the parents who accompany the student at pick and drop point for the safety of a ward.
If change of pick/drop point is required on temporary basis then a written request from parents should be given to the
class teacher for approval from Principal and information to the bus in charge.
- In case of permanent change of location, parent should meet the
- Repeated indiscipline and disobedience in the bus may debar the student from using the
- In case the person registered with the
school is not present at the drop point, the child will be dropped at the city office or the
school, the destination whichever is nearest to the drop point.
class teacherfor approval from Principal and information to the bus in charge.
schoolis not present at the drop point, the child will be dropped at the city office or the
school, the destination whichever is nearest to the drop point.
Are you looking for?